Wastefit Promotion Terms & Conditions
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Individuals may participate in the Contest by completing the nomination form between August 15, 2018 and September 30, 2018. The person completing the form (the “Nominator”) must provide the name of the nominated individual (the “Nominee”), as well as their telephone number, e-mail address, and the name of the organization with which the Nominee is associated. The Nominator must also provide a description as to why the Nominee is a “Waste Fit Champion,” e.g., by describing how that individual brings innovative ideas to solving waste diversion challenges, assists others on their sustainability journey, utilizes circular economy best practices, etc. The nomination form must also include the first name and e-mail address of the Nominator, as well as the name of the organization with which they are affiliated. A Nominator may nominate themselves as the Nominee, and is not limited in the number of nominations they may submit.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Rubicon Global, LLC (“Rubicon”) (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible to participate or win. Employees of Waste Management, Republic Services, and/or Waste Connections, along with their affiliates and subsidiaries, are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: All eligible nominations will be reviewed by three judges: David Rachelson, VP Sustainability for Rubicon Global; Joanne Spigonardo, Associate Director Wharton Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership; and Jasmine Crowe, CEO and Founder at Goodr Co. The judges will select up to 50 winners as the Waste Fit Champions, based on their sole discretion as to which Nominees have had the most impact in diverting waste or otherwise promoting sustainability efforts.
- PRIZES: Winners will be profiled on rubiconglobal.com, and will be invited to the Sustainable Brands New Metrics Conference to celebrate with other winners.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be contacted via email and/or phone on October 5, 2018, using the information provided in the nomination form. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to the email or phone call to claim their prize. If a winner fails to respond within that time frame, they have waived any claim to the right of the prize and a new winner will be selected.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: Rubicon reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including names, phone numbers and email addresses for marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Rubicon is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Rubicon may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Participants further agree to release Rubicon from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- GENERAL: All contest participants, including but not limited to Nominators and Nominees, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Rubicon may terminate the Contest at any time without notice. Gift cards are not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Rubicon is not responsible for technical problems or submission errors. Rubicon reserves the right to disqualify any participant, Nominator, and/or Nominee if, in its sole discretion, the individual has not complied with the Terms and Conditions or has otherwise attempted to disrupt the contest.