PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES. BY DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION, ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THIS POLICY.
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Policy applies to persons anywhere in the United States who use our Services to schedule pickups of waste and recyclable materials by independent haulers identified by Rubicon (“Users”). For purposes of this Policy, personal information includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and any other information that may be used to identify you. This Policy does not apply to: (i) information we collect from or about the third party, independent hauling companies that are (or will be) under contract with Rubicon (collectively, “Haulers”); (ii) information we collect offline or through any other means outside of the Services; or (iii) information collected by any third party, including any content that may link to or be accessible from through our Services. If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Hauler, the respective Policies apply to your different interactions.
2. UPDATES TO THE POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
3. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information from you when you directly provide it to us, for example when you register and create or modify your account, request certain services, contact customer support or provide feedback, or otherwise communicate with us.
B. INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you.
- Location Information: When you use the Services to schedule a pickup, we may collect precise location data about the pickup location from your mobile device. Depending on your settings on your mobile device, we may collect this information when the app is running in the foreground or background. You may choose to refuse to give Rubicon permission to collect your location information in your mobile device’s settings; however if you choose to do so, your use of the Services may be impaired. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. Refusing Rubicon permission to collect your location information will not prevent us from deriving your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of pickup requested, date and time the pickup was provided, amount charged, weight and substance of the pickup, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may automatically collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data : We may be required to call or text (SMS) you during your use of the Services. In connection with doing so, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, your phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we automatically collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services, if you are linking to our Services from such third-party site or service.
C. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Rubicon app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Rubicon app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
D. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Rubicon account with a payment provider or social media platform, we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Hauler or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
4. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services
- Personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommending features, content, and advertisements
- Facilitate pickups between you and a Hauler, including providing estimated times of arrival
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Rubicon and third parties, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
5. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
A. THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your personal information:
- With Haulers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and pickup location with Haulers. We will not share information with Haulers other than as necessary for them to perform the Services for you.
- With other people if directed by you
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate
- With your employer, if you request the Services on behalf of your employer
B. OTHER SHARING
We may share your personal information:
- With Rubicon subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes
- With third party service providers such as vendors, consultants, and marketing partners, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing
6. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
8. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
The Services may integrate with certain social media platforms which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such platforms enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your settings with the applicable social media platform. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social media platforms for more information about how they share the data you provide to or share through them.
9. ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may update or correct information about yourself at any time by logging into your in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please delete our app and email us at [EMAIL]. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
10. PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please use the contact information as provided at the end of this Policy. Rubicon does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Users must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of legal majority in their jurisdiction (if different than 18) to download and use our Services. We do not collect any information regarding children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information at the end of this Policy.