Growing up working for her family’s small business, Audrey Cline quickly learned the values of entrepreneurship, sustainability, and finding unique and innovative solutions for cost savings. As a Rubicon employee, Audrey plays a pivotal role; not only as a pricing analyst but also adding to our rich and vibrant culture on the Rubicon Inclusion Team.
Let’s get to know Audrey Cline:
1. What is your role at Rubicon? How long have you been with the company?
I am a pricing analyst and I have been here for two and a half years. I gather data and run savings analyses to try to find the absolute best pricing for our customers.
2. What is one new thing you learned this week in your role?
Honestly, I learn something new every day because of my boss Michael Otis. He is always teaching me new tips and tricks. I’m lucky to be working with something so intelligent.
3. What sparked your passion for sustainability?
I have always cared about our environment. My passion and knowledge definitely grew when I joined Rubicon and has continued to expand as I learn about all of the waste and plastic that are polluting our oceans. I helped coordinate the 4Ocean event at Rubicon; every bracelet sold removed 1 pound of garbage from our oceans. It was after that experience that my passion for sustainability was truly taken to the next level.
4. How do you contribute to the RubiCulture?
In addition to my work with 4Ocean, I am also a Recycling Champion and member of our Inclusion Team. I check every single waste, recycling, and compost bin on both floors every single day.
Through the Inclusion Team, I have been able to plan and coordinate everything that Rubicon is doing for Pride Month in June and the Pride Parade in October. This month, we are having multiple special speakers come in to talk to all of us, a donation drive, a movie night, and so much more. It has really blown up and has become so much more than I ever thought it could be! I am super excited.
5. Did the fact that Rubicon is a B Corporation play into your decision to come aboard?
Yes. Before I found out about Rubicon, I didn’t know what a B Corp was. I found out exactly what it meant in my interview and I was hooked. That fact that Rubicon is a B Corp definitely furthered my decision to join the team.
6. What is one piece of advice you heard outside of the office that you apply to your work?
There are a lot of struggles you’re going to face on a daily basis when you’re working with so many different strong personalities. I’m in a unique position because my work touches several different departments, so I just know in the back of my mind that it will all work out. My job enables me to have a lot of patience. Don’t give up. Be patient.
7. If any actor (dead or alive) could play you in the movie of your life, who would you cast and why?
Although I was named after Audrey Hepburn, I would have to say, Zooey Deschanel. I love her bangs and she’s quirky but can also play serious roles. I too can be super goofy and serious when I need to be.
8. If you could play any professional sport: what would it be and why?
I was a figure skater when I was younger and did it for many years before I stopped. I wish I would have stuck with it.
9. You’re on a deserted island and a helicopter drops down one food for you daily, what would you eat every day for the rest of your life?
Some kind of pasta! I wouldn’t get sick of it.
10. What is one eco-responsible action that you try to incorporate into your everyday life?
I compost at my apartment, I recycle, and I’m growing my own fruits and veggies.
11. Who is your favorite B Corporation and why?
Rubicon! I feel like there are many different B Corps but I’m here. As a company, we do so much for our employees and it really shows how everyone is going out of their way to make sure everyone is taken care of. From our childcare policy to all of the pride events, Rubicon does a great job of letting everyone’s voice be heard.
Looking to join the Rubicon team? Take a look through the open opportunities on our Careers page.