Best Small Business Promotion Terms & Conditions
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win Rubicon’s Best Small Business Promotion (the “Contest”). Participating businesses (“Contestants”) shall enter by submitting a description describing why they are the “Best Small Business in America” via a form located on Rubicon’s website. Contestants must also provide all of the required contact and identifying information at the time of entry. In order to qualify for entry, submissions must be received between September 19, 2017 and November 2, 2017. Attempts to enter the Contest other than through the form provided on Rubicon’s website will not qualify for entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to businesses in the continental United States who (1) control their waste removal contract; (2) have less than fifty (50) employees; and (3) has at least one physical storefront to service potential customers. Businesses that lack a physical storefront, including but not limited to online only businesses and businesses run out of a home, are not eligible to enter the Contest. Each Contestant business is limited to a single entry per company. Waste Management, Republic Services, and Waste Connections, along with each of their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not eligible to participate and/or enter the Contest. Employees of Rubicon, as well as their immediate family (spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s)), are not eligible to participate and/or enter the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the Contest is void may participate but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about November 3, 2017, a panel of Rubicon employees will select ten (10) Contestants (the “Finalists”) whose narrative description makes them, in the sole discretion of the Rubicon judges, the most worthy candidates to be the “Best Small Business in America.” Contest winners will be selected from the Finalists via an online poll, such as a Facebook poll or other similar online polling mechanism, that will go live on November 6, 2017, and will continue to run through November 20, 2017. Consumers will utilize the poll to cast their vote for the “Best Small Business in America” based on the content of the Finalists’ narrative description, which will be posted on the Rubicon Blog contemporaneously with the start of the poll.
- PRIZES: The winners (first, second, and third place) will be selected from the Finalists based on the voting in the poll. First, second, and third place will be decided based on which Contestant receives the first, second, and third most votes in the poll. The first place winner will receive a check in the amount of $10,000; second place winner will receive a check in the amount of $2,000; and the third place winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,000. Prizes are not transferrable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be contacted via the e-mail address provided at the time of entry on or about November 25, 2017. Winners will have seven days to claim their prize. If a winner fails to respond within that time frame, they have waived any claim to the right of the prize and new winners will be selected based on the vote totals from the poll.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: Rubicon reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including the business names of Contestants and descriptions submitted, Contestant contact information, and Contestant social media posts, for marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that the Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By participating in this Contest, you agree to release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to the Contest.
- CONDUCT: All Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Rubicon in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules. Rubicon also reserves the right to delete any entry that it deems to be inappropriate for any reason.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Rubicon is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected post, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Rubicon may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Contestants further agree to release Rubicon from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest.